A visit to Maeystown requires a minimum 2 1/2 hour stay for a basic tour and includes the following:
- Greeting by guide at St. John United Church of Christ
- Maeystown brochure
- Restroom facilities
- Orientation talk on history of Maeystown
- Wicks organ demonstration, when available Opportunity for group singing. Organ concert available by special arrangement.
- Visit 1859 School House, originally a parsonage and church
- Guided bus and/or walking tour of village Includes 1859 stone mill and the one-lance 1881 stone arched bridge
- Time to shop or get a refreshment at the local shops and eateries
- Tour of Corner George Inn Bed and Breakfast. Totally restored frontier Victorian Maeystown Hotel & Saloon, tour includes Maeystown General Store and antique-appointed guest rooms including a summer kitchen guest cottage, two sitting rooms and the original 1880′s ballroom.
$7.00 per person/payable to: Historic Maeystown
Minimum of 15 people
Maximum two coaches at one time due to small size of village
Tours suggested April through December
- Organ concert: $1.00 per person, payable to Historic Maeystown, 15 minute program of inspirational music demonstrating the unique qualities of the Wicks organ at St. John United Church of Christ. Limited availability.
- Vici’s Front Porch & Tea Garden offers a brunch $15, lunch $12 or afternoon tea and dessert $7. Seasonal menu items served. Call or email Vici for reservations and menu. (618-539-3665 or firstname.lastname@example.org) Tea room can accommodate 20 inside and 10 on the front porch at one seating.
- One single waffle cone, per tour participant, at the Sweet Shoppe. The cost is $3.25 per person. The number must be arranged at the time of the tour confirmation. Payment is to be made with the tour payment, or in a separate check to the Corner George Inn Sweet Shoppe.